Yesterday the primary had it's annual program. It was wonderful. Wonderful seeing Tally sing all the words and do ALL the sign-language they had learned to a song. Loved watching her eyes close and the movement she made with her hands like she was exhaling when she sang "living breath" on the song "how could the father tell the world..." Loved hearing Tally read her lines. Loved watching my Bergen look clueless. He knows all the words, but just stood there blinking... haha. Loved that Tabitha was so anxious to go up and sing and was really angry that she didn't get to go up with her brother and sister. But, my favorite part was when our family had the opportunity to sing. We all went up. I held Brooklyn and stood behind Bergen. Tabitha stood on a stool in between Bergen and Tally and was just high enough to look over the pulpit. Svend stood behind Tally, next to me. We sang the primary song, "Faith." It was not amazing. It was so-so. But, we had practiced this song for a month as a family. Tabitha knew the words but during our microphone practice, she just played with the mike. However, at this moment, in the middle of the primary program, she knew it was important. We began singing "Faith is knowing the" and I hear Tabitha, sweet Tabitha's voice "sun will rise, lighting each new day." I started crying. Bad, since this is NOT a long song... but it was hard to sing the rest completely unfocused on my little girl. At that moment, it felt like our family was so strong. It felt like we were bound by our common faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. Nothing could touch us at that moment. The other children sang so sweetly and Bergen added his own little "signs" that I had used when teaching him the words. It was the perfect moment and one I will cherish and look back on often. It was the moment I knew that everything was perfect. Our life has been full of "faith-needing" experiences. Words cannot completely express what I felt in that moment. I am so grateful for the opportunity and experience. I love my children. I love my husband, and in FAITH, we can conquer all things.
Now for "the single life of a RESIDENT wife"
Monday, October 17, 2011
My life is perfect
for me. I love my life. I love my family. I love my kids and Svend. I am so happy where we are at right now in life. It is hard but it is do-able. It is hard but it is manageable. It is hard but it is worthwhile. It is hard but it is so wonderful. Why? Because of the Gospel. I don't know where I would be without the gospel in our lives. I love my faith. I love our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love our prophet Thomas S. Monson. I love our Heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment