Saturday, August 27, 2011

Can I protect my husband?

So, yesterday Svend left home at 5:30am and returned at 10pm. Wow! All that was WORK. He had a surgery at 7:30am where he amputated half of a guy's foot (don't ever become obese!). Anyways, I asked him how the surgery went and he said " I could tell the attending was getting annoyed with me." Really? I love Svend so much. I know he's been through @#$%^@%&^%&^& these past 4 years and now has 3 years of double !$#%$^%%^%^&^$#@@#$ to go through as a resident. This past week he got a call from the director who told him he'd done something wrong in the clinic. Svend kept his mouth shut and when I asked him about it, he told me that he had felt like he needed a 2nd opinion and recruited a 2nd year resident to look over the patient as well. The 2nd year told him what to do, and he did it. It was wrong. ERRRRGGG!!!

I'm not Svend...but if I was... #$#@%$%^%#^#$@!$#$%$!!!
To the dr in the surgery:
HE is only a 1st YEAR! he has never amputated a FOOT before!!! Atleast he did it correctly!!! Who cares if he took his time stitching it just the way YOU wanted! AHHH!
To the RD:
HE ASKED FOR HELP and was told the WRONG THING!! BLAME HER!!!
To the 2nd year resident:
YOU should re-check your notes before dumping a treatment plan on a 1st year who has trust in you!!!! @#$!$%$^@%#$!@!!%#$#$% He took the blame for YOU!

Okay... love my husband. It's a good thing I'm not the resident. I'd be bawling on a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. wow poor svend going through so much. I will pray things get better for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha.a it's the resident life. you don't complain or you may not see another day :)

    ReplyDelete