Sunday, February 27, 2011

then innocence of a child

lets ignore that fact that today was extremely tiring and I finally had to use hubby for parental back up on some kid issues.... what I want to talk about is how much a little child can change perspectives...for the most part anyways.

We have this family in our ward that is...unique. Anyways, basically I don't want my kid's influenced by theirs. I don't want them holding my babies. I don't want them anywhere near my kids--not to mention they nearly ran over Bugs last year when they decided to drive their mother's motor-chair and slammed through the church building...anyways, lots of annoyance there on my part.

So today one of the kids kept watching my kids. I kept directing Sweets away from her and well, yeah...no contact please.

In the car on the way home I was asking the kids about their classes at church. Bugs says to me "mom, that blue girl gave me a picture." I asked what blue girl. Bugs says "that big kid, she was in blue. She's so nice. She's a nice girl." You know who he was talking about?? The oldest one...the one I was getting Sweets away from...

Talk about a prick in the heart. So, has my perception of this family changed... well, to be honest, I'm still not letting my kids play with them (they are a little too hands on for my liking), but I know that they are sweet and I'm so glad Bugs told me this. They have good qualities. They aren't to be avoided like the plague. I was taught today that judging is not okay, but judging righteously is.

No comments:

Post a Comment