Now for "the single life of a RESIDENT wife"
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
moment of silence
Remember that in school? I'd forgotten about it. Anyway, this morning I was talking to Tally about saying a prayer that her daddy could get home early so her and I could have some girl time (she's been begging to spend her money at Clair's but we CANNOT go in there with her 2 year old sister...she's a bit of a clepto!). So she said "you say one mom. I can't." We talked about how you can say a prayer anytime. She told me she had said one on the bus. She then told me that they weren't allowed to pray at school even in their moment of silence. What? I asked her why. She said she asked her teacher if she could pray during it and the teacher said no prayers. Hmm...that teacher should have clarified. I told Tally that she probably meant "no prayers out loud." I felt like Daniel... having to teach my children to pray in secret for fear of persecution. Seriously. This world....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment