Wednesday, December 7, 2011

paying tithing = more money.

On Sunday we had tithing settlement. What a great reminder of all the Lord has blessed us with! The Bishop promised the we would be blessed financially because of our willingness to pay our 10th to the Lord.
Yesterday afternoon I received a random phone call asking if I was still interested in watching kids afterschool. The woman had found one of my two fliers (my half hearted effort to get some work...). that I'd put up nearly 2 months ago and had just (on monday) decided I didn't really care if I never got called. So, I asked her what she had in mind (still not sure if I wanted to pursue). She has 2 kids, 10 and 6. The 10 year old gets off the bus at 3pm and the 6 year old at 4pm. She gets home from work at 4:30pm. Uh...WOW! And, as she's telling me her story, I realized that I KNOW THESE KIDS! Yep, it's my daughters BEST BUD on the bus!!!!! And the oldest is a SWEETHEART who has played with my babies a number of times and will turn out to be more of a help to me in the afternoon!!!!! I AM THRILLED!
I told her what I charged, and she said "I will pay you whatever!" Then, she asked if she could drop her son off at 7:30 am for me to put on the bus with my daughter at 8:15.
I am so excited! This money is going DIRECTLY to our non- existent savings account, after tithing of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment