I'm hoping to do this for about 3 months...just so the kids can try to see how mommy and daddy really aren't hoarding the money ;)
Now for "the single life of a RESIDENT wife"
Monday, December 5, 2011
Finance lesson...for our kids
Maybe I should have taken a picture? Oh well. For FHE on Wednesday (that's when we have ours since Svend gets home at a decent time) we're going to talk about our family's budget. I have on a piece of paper all our bills, tithing, and gas (pictures) on the left side. Then, next to each bill, I have circles that each represent $10 up to the amount of the bill...rounded of couse. At the top I have large circles representing $100 up to the amount we get paid over a 4 week period. My plan is to color in the circles as the bills get paid. The kids can visually see how many circles are being used each month and what we have to work with. Also, in things like the electric bill, I am hoping they will be more willing to turn off lights/tv, so they can see how we can save some $$ in certain areas...or like gas for the car. Then, i have a list of "needs" and "wants" for the month. I have written down our immediate needs: Baby wipes, face soap, kid soap and immediate wants: church shoes for Bergen and a church dress for Tally. I also have what we are saving for: Bergen's preschool tuition. We will then talk about what they think some immediate needs are and wants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment