Monday morning I had a friend stop by. Well, my kid's adopted grandmother. :) Anyways, she was just dropping something off she had borrowed and oh the horror to have her come into my home! AHH! I didn't even meet her at the door. She had to WALK THROUGH the mess to get to me. Double "AHHH!" Don't believe me? Imagine this....
Shove the front door open... for about 5 feet step over a number of shoes, trash, and laundry. The next 20 steps are through a narrow hallway made even more narrow by random boxes jutting out and half filled garbage bags...and toys of course. Lots and lots of toys. Make it to the kitchen only to be met by dirty dishes (only a few hours old though!!) and counter tops that you can't see. at. all.
She asks if I need help with the packing. I told her I would later but at that moment, I just had to get all the laundry done so I could pack the clothes. I told her I had just finished bringing EVERYTHING from upstairs, downstairs and everything from the basement to the main floor as well... so it was ALL gathered in one place.
A few hours after she left, I get a call from the RS president asking if I'd like some help packing. She gives me the day and time she will be at my home. Okay.
So that night, I go crazy cleaning as much as I can and putting together boxes and figuring out what she will pack for me.
She comes and does my kitchen. Whew. She then tells me that she got a call from our friend saying I was in way over my head and desperately needed help. AHHH! She asked "what's the upstairs look like, Jessica?" I was happy I could say it was cleared out! Whew. I don't really like people coming in my home and seeing my giant mess because I've been figuring out packing for the past week and put aside cleaning... I've been dealing with my children and not able to dedicate my entire day to the sorting of boxes... I'm grateful she came. So grateful. And totally embarrassed. I felt like a child re-learning how to clean. Wow.......I really am 30.
So, now I've got a new mindset...to get my house clean prior to the women coming over to help me clean on SAturday. I really don't want ANYONE to come over. I just want to do it, hand over my keys, and head out. My landlord gets to keep $500 of our deposit...so really and truly, if it's not perfect, I just don't care right now. Surely $500 can get a few hours of cleaning done and have LOTs left over.
No, I'm not that person that's leaving it a disaster...but after the big things like the entire kitchen and appliances (which I totally did today-HOORAY!) and the bathrooms... i'm just not worried about walls and baseboards.
Anyways, my home is in boxes. Just our computer, TV, Svend's clothes, and about 3 more boxes to pack and we'll be on our way :)
No comments:
Post a Comment