My mind has been going 100mph thinking about the topic of gratitude. I've gone through my journal/blog through the past years and realized just how grateful I am for my life. So many things keep hitting me. Grateful Bergen's head healed. Grateful for the mornings Tabitha wakes up so happy. Grateful Tally goes to a good, safe school. Grateful for our home. And, when I look at the things that frustrate me, I can replace that frustration with peace by counting my blessings. I have the best parents in the world. They have been such a support to me and my family. I have the best brothers in the world. I am so grateful i got to be their one and only sister. They have been my protectors and married the best women I could have ever asked for as sister-in-laws. I am grateful there is food in my fridge. I'm grateful the kids have clothes and coats...and gloves to lose and dinner to complain about :) I'm grateful our friend gave us a couch so we could all have a place to sit now in our living room. I'm grateful for the home we live in and that some how we always make rent and bills each month.
I just think, with all the things there are to complain about and make you want to climb in a cave and bury your head... there are many things to be grateful for. so many things. I'm grateful for my body after babies... I actually have a body that can HAVE babies. A lot of women don't. It doesn't mean I should give up on being healthy, but I should be content where I'm at and look forward rather than dwelling on things that really don't matter... I should be grateful I can't figure out what to do with my hair...because i HAVE hair. :) See...we just have to be grateful. We still get upset and annoyed, but we can have a better attitude. And, as trials come our way, when we're holding on by a thread... we may not have that gratitude...but if we can have faith that things will work out, then, when the trials are over, we can look back and see how much the Lord has truly blesses us.
Anyways...those are just a few things that have been on my brain over and over again...i'm sure i'll add to it again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment