So, number 10...I'm grateful for our van.
Now for "the single life of a RESIDENT wife"
Thursday, November 10, 2011
where our money goes...#10
I know I have a lot of other resident wives that read this...and I know I feel like I'm drowning alot. We all have our "vices" or what we spend our money on. Some people like to go out to eat, others enjoy clothes, or random trips for goodies, athletic gear, movies, etc. I know where our money goes. To our car payment. We have never had a car payment until this year. If we didn't have a car payment I think we'd be more "financially comfortable." However, I'm grateful for our VAN. It fits our family and all our "stuff" and, we researched like crazy to pick the type so that we'd hopefully have few repairs on it over the next few years. So, while we have the payment that puts a dent in our finances, it is a huge blessing and I'm so grateful for our choice in this matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I always like to read your posts bc you keep it real. :) I feel like you many days but I just don't post it often bc I take it out on something to eat while watching something on tv. :) You are not alone in that drowning feeling! Thanks for taking the time to post something each day. It oftentimes helps me get through a crappy day knowing someone else is having a crappy day too. haha. Seriously though, you have great perspective and are such a great person - so thanks again for all your posts!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Emily! Thanks for your posts! I was also going to tell you that our first year of residency we filed a tax return and got $9000 back because we didn't make much considering we only worked half the year. It has been good to have it in savings and it has helped us pull through some tight months or if something unexpected comes up! Just a heads up in case you didn't know!
ReplyDeleteWell you just made me day! $9000?! I will be smiling from ear to ear with $2500. Svend also had more taxes taken out as well...so maybe ours will be that high--SWEET! Thanks for the GREAT NEWS!!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for your comment Emily. Sometimes I think everyone is enjoying the "high life" with residency--haha