It's true. I am oh soooo selfish. NO JOKE! Why??? Well, hubby has been gone for 3.2 weeks and he gets home this weekend! WAHOO!!! Great right??? He gets off Friday so he can leave. It's a 16 hour drive and he has to be at work here Monday morning... so lets see.... We drive to [a state] that is also around 16 hours and we do it with 3 kids and we get there in one day--one LONG day, but one day... now it's just him... oh, and his mom and niece. They needed a break so they are flying up to see him tomorrow then driving back here with him then flying back to their home on Monday. So... Saturday at the latest right??? No. Because it's an awesome route back to our house, there are many cool places to stop. I'm being totally serious. Wish it was me, because I would totally stop and insist on stopping! However, I have not seen my husband for 3.2 weeks already. The 3 kids have not seen their daddy for 3.2 weeks so far either. Now is not the time for a scenic route back home! Now is not the time for a tourist trip. Now is not the time to take sweet time. Do I think it's a good desire? Sure. But the timing is completely and utterly off.
So lets see... 16 hours... here's what MY plan would be if I wanted to see my family. Leave like 7am (earlier if possible...but why not get a good night's sleep). Drive and drive and drive. As adult you do not need many pit stops...except for gas...which should last about 4-6 hours... so stop around 9pm...lets see how many driving hours is that??? 14??!?! wow. Okay, and why eat at a restaurant and sit down?? If you're going to sit down and eat, then driving is just as good. So Saturday, wake up and WOW only a 2 hour drive left?!?!? okay, leave at 8am and get home by 10am!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY FAMILY!!!!
Here's what "might happen"--- leave like 8am...drive 6 hours to tourist spot... stay for 2 hours...get back on road... drive til 9pm--- 11 hours. Wake up Saturday leave at 8am and drive til home... 5 hours later...
Here's what I'm planning for and beging so selfish about...b/c it's my fear. And yes, I know I'm petty and selfish by even writing this on a blog...but seriously... I'm selfish. So here goes :
Wake up and eat a nice big breakfast...leave @ 10am. Drive 6 hours to tourist spot. Stay and realize it's too late to continue. Find a spot with a pool. Swim and sleep...
now it's Saturday... tired. Eat a nice breakfast leave around 10am again. stop at some more tourist spot and eat a good lunch/dinner. Stop at 8pm b/c going any further would put you home around 1am so why not stop early and get some good rest and a swim at a nice hotel. Sunday morning... breakfast.... home around noonish...
I'm selfish b/c if it were me andI could afford it, this is what I would want to do. If it were me, I would take my time. I would enjoy every moment and soak up the wonderful tourist opportunities. But, I'm selfish b/c it's not me. I am selfish because I want my husband here safe and sound a FAST. Don't worry. I know I'm selfish. It's just who I am. I can admit it and my husband knows I'm selfish too :) I'm also pregnant and hormonal and haven't had a good nights sleep in nearly 4 weeks. Ive been doing bedtimes by myself with the kids. I've been cooking and cleaning without any help. I've been dealing with budgets and teacher conferences without physical hugs and assurances from my husband that all will be okay. I'm selfish and I know it. We're all aware...but I do have to say... I think in this case my kids are alittle selfish too...so I'm not alone... and I think it's pretty justified.
No comments:
Post a Comment