Friday, October 3, 2014

Wife of a Dr...

wow I am so glad we are staying with my parents!  I feel like we can't even get on our feet b/c we are so overwhelmed with bills! I am not sure how we made it in Residency/student life!!! Oh wait…we never went to the dentist (I need 3 crowns now and Svend just had $500 of work done)…

seriously though, you'd think we wouldn't be scraping the end of the barrel the way we are with no rent to pay right now…but we are.  The Dr who is on WIC and kids are on Medicaid.

Did you know the govt controls how much we make? Svend had a ankle scope last week. He billed $1200. He got $400.  And that's all he'll get. And he didn't even get THAT because we only get 32% of it.  Thank you Govt.

I could spend ALL day bitter at how screwed I feel but I can't.  I also know that we have socked away $6k and used $3k to pay off our discover bill from moving and boards…

I also hope that we will be able to pay off the $6.4k we owe on my van by NOVEMBER 28th! We should be able to do it.  We will also still have $3k in the bank for savings.

And then, if we are SUPER aggressive…maybe just maybe we can get Svend's car paid off for his birthday in April…

And…maybe just MAYBE we'll get a tax return big enough to start a downpayment on a cheap home.

Should I tell my parents now or later that we might just be here until June???

This is so hard.  All our stuff is in storage. It's working out to be here…and I don't know why I NEED my "stuff" but it'd be nice to have it out of storage and know that it's "safe."

We wanted out by December at the earliest.  Svend is not taking any more days off work and will be working his booty off to earn as much $$ as possible.

we don't need his car paid off before we buy a house, it'd just be nice. It'd be good.

I am feeling the pull to get another job… but I can't. I now have 3 children with me at home all day and it's not my home so I can't just have kids over to babysit--nor do I want to do that!

Our new job starts sometime after the new year. We are waiting on a timeline from the building who is renovating the building he'll be working in. I'm so excited. We are getting 60k (ouch) plus 35% of whatever we bill over 180k (yearly).  The first year will probably be 60k. After that we could really do GREAT!!!  We made it in Chicago on 50K with a 1350 rent. Now we have a $200 health insurance bill but if we could get a $900 mortgage we'd still be ahead….

I'm excited for the future.

now, all this being said…. Svend had a job off a year + ago from a guy in Ma. I didn't want it…he probably did but didn't push it on me.  Today he texted that the guy is now head of the pediatric podiatry program…basically svend's dream job. To say he's frustrated is an understatement.

I told him THIS IS THE WEEKEND. Conference starts tomorrow. We need an answer to STAY or go.  And whatever that answer is, we are following it and not looking back or regretting!!!   He texted "sounds good."  

this is IT.  we need that confirmation the tee made the right choice to come here (since everything has not been easy) or a push to leave and look elsewhere.  and then… that is IT! We will follow and not look back.

I hope we have the faith to do this.  We need the faith to do it. We need the help.    

No comments:

Post a Comment