Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mary and Joseph

last night as I was waiting for hubby to come out of the temple, I sat down on a couch and noticed the picture directly across from me. It was of a super pregnant Mary riding on a Donkey with her husband Joseph looking ahead leading the donkey. Mary was looking off to the side at a little boy leading a flock of sheep.

This picture really hit me. Here was this couple. Super pregnant. Having to pack up and leave everything they had behind because they were told to leave. Joseph was worried for his pregnant wife and didn't know what to do. Mary encouraged him and told him everything would be okay. They traveled for who knows how long. They tried to get a room in the inn and were told no. They tried all of them. All no's. They did what they were asked. They did all they were supposed to do. The Lord had a plan. The plan was a manger. It had been told of years before. They just had to trust and it all worked out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey--Brandon and I have been thinking about you guys a lot. We both had an idea come to us, separately and repeatedly--and felt like we should pass it on. Could you please email me?? I want to share it--just not on the blog. :)
    hollowayfam(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete