Haven't written for a while b/c there's nothing to really report as far as "single" hood goes :) We found out we're having a girl. Not really sure how I feel about that...but we are excited. i can't wait to meet her and hold her!
My dad said I should write about our student budget. I've been thinking about it alot because realistically there's no way we should be able to live on what we live on and still have some extra. We've been extremely blessed. We've had some family loans and a few random gifts and it has all worked out. Basically...here's what it all amounts too
We are allotted just over $1700 per month. We try to live off $1600. So... here's what it is...
$1000-rent
$200- gas for cars
$115-car insurance
$80 -phone/internet
$150-utilities
very little for "extras"
We try to keep extras to $100 per month-- so I buy $3.99 diapers wherever I find them... :)
The only way we could survive is with our government help (the one thing I think I'm grateful for that the democrats have given us). So, food and health insurance are taken care of. It's a bit annoying--okay, REALLY annoying finding doctors who take the insurance and don't give you flack about it, but over all it's worth it.
I used to feel guilty about the govt aid until a few months ago when i finally realized that all our loans are from the government (and have to be from them) and ALL OUR INTEREST Is govt mandated and super high... so we're paying for it 100-fold.
we have also been blessed with a community program that helps pay utilities in the winter...so our bill goes down for a few months.
Since we are now in our 4th year, we were "allowed" to apply for a relocation loan--super big and super high interest (thanks govt!). We had to do it and needed it. With it, we've now purchase our van and added a car payment to our bills. We also have to use it as hubby has to go away and pay his own rent/food/etc...then there's the cost of our move to residency...so yeah, a must for that loan. Anyways, boring...but there it is--in a SMALL nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment