Thursday, March 7, 2013

money, marshmellows, and other good things

Tabitha is no longer holding her bowels. HOORAY!!! I finally found something that works...$1 bills.  Yes...I am poorer than ever now, of course...I keep recycling the $1 bills since she leaves them everywhere :)  The deal is, she has to 1.go to the bathroom by herself 2.no screaming/crying 3. go when she needs to go and not stand holding herself forever.  She's been going everytime she starts to feel the urge!! YAY!  And marshmellows are working GREAT for her peeing. She used to hold it so she wouldn't accidentally poop... and now she goes by herself and tells me when she's done. She's so much happier in that area now!  Of course...I just turned in all the paperwork for her to get into free preschool based on her behavior...and now it's changed. Oh well :) I'm happier too.

Tabitha has had 2 gymnastics classes. She LOVES them and absolutely loves her two boy teachers. She runs to them to get attention and they give it to her. She adores them and is anxious to show everyone what she learned when they get home from school. Such a different experience than preschool... not doing that!

Last week I got hit by the little boy I babysit. bluh. He's a stinker and won't talk to me when I ask him questions...and sticks his tongue out at me. Now, he has quiet time by himself every day for 45 min :) Bergen gets to play computer while Amari lays on the floor downstairs and reads books or watches a short movie.  It's working out best for both boys and I hope it lasts...I need the money. It's what's making us secure in our finances right now, even though it's only $200 a month, it's needed.

Svend had his evaluation with Dr. Grady last week (the residency director).  He has critisized Svend a lot in the past but told him that he is one of his best surgeons! W.O.W and unexpected.  We still are not a fan of him and all his hypocritical ways, but we are grateful for this residency as it is NEEDED!

I finally cured my scalp itch!!!! YAY!!! I think I had subherroic dermititis.  YUCK... and finally researched and bought a tar shampoo. Gross. But after 3 days of using it I am itch free!!!! OH MY GOSH THE RELIEF!!!

My parents are in town and will be for about 2 more weeks. They brought a table with them that doubles our current table... I finally said (outloud) "I just have to realize the house will not be the way I want it for a few more weeks" and smiled at my mom.  I'm not stressed now. It was true.

I get to work in Bergen's classroom tomorrow. He is so excited! He's been begging and begging! And now that my parents are here, I have babysitters :)  Then, I'm headed to lunch with Tally. I'm excited about that because Svend and I don't think she has any friends...except adults....and her teacher doesn't like her either.  So, I get to "investigate" :)

Things are going good. I'm not really stressed with family and we are enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment