2007: moved 2 year old Tally to a high-back booster so we could easily fit the two carseats in our small car.
2009: moved 2 year old Bergen to the high-back booster so we could fit 3 seats across because now I was babysitting a 14month old and his carseat was just too big... (we went to one of those carseat check places and they told us he was too small...I didn't listen)
Sept 2009: Tally taken out of the booster because 3 carseats did not fit in our volvo and she was still too young to sit in the way back.
2010: Tabitha's infant carrier broke so we went ahead and turned her around after getting a toddler carseat from a friend when she was 10 months (btw, she was super tiny..... but if we didn't turn it around, she wasn't able to recline I felt that was more important).
2011: Had Brooklyn and Tabitha ended up riding in Svend's car to and from the hospital in the high-back booster. She quit throwing tantrums about being buckled..so we just went ahead and put this in the van for her. The toddler carseat was bulky and wouldn't allow anyone to buckle next to her, which was needed since I do a preschool carpool. So, into the booster she went... at 18 months. (yes...HORRIBLE MOM!)
2012: Got my two girls weighed and realized JUST HOW SMALL TABITHA really is... she's only 6-7 lbs heavier than Brooklyn, who is still in her infant carseat.(which I found on the side of the road during trash day...but it still had all the tags on it and looked brand new!). Anyways, with our tax return in the bank, and the realization of just how small Tabitha really was...it clicked. She needed to go BACK TO THE TODDLER CARSEAT. However, Brooklyn will be needing this is 2 months...so it was time to buy Tabitha her first carseat...
ALL PINK! She LOVES it and I am sooo grateful! Everyone is buckled correctly. Everyone is happy (most of the time). All my kids are finally ALL safe!
there's my big unsafe confession...but the weight of guilt is gone and I'm grateful we have all been blessed with safety over these years!
No comments:
Post a Comment