Halloween is OVER! HOOOOORAY! I'm so glad. I was NOT in the Halloween spirit this year...I think because I just couldn't give my kids what they wanted. But, after Halloween, I went and spent $45 or so on Halloween for next year. Maybe I shouldn't have... but I really feel like it was needed...to keep our spirits up :) I got Bergen a SWEET Iron Man costume (with muscles) and Talia a real vampire costume for next year. she said she's excited. She's worn it twice and the attitude she gets when she wears it is priceless. Because it's a victorian dress, she instantly walks like a princess and puts her pinky up when drinking. So funny! Then I got some decorations, cookie cutters, a bowl, pajamas for the little girls, and snacks to be eaten now. Anyway, I think next year will be better :)
Bergen is home "sick" today. He swears he threw up into a tissue in his bed this morning.... I tell you what, It is cheaper for him to be at school! He has eaten NON STOP today... especially for someone who "threw up" and who "has a tummy ache." He's begging to play outside now that his best friend is home. Nope. No way. Sorry dude.
I'm glad the election is tomorrow. So glad. I was talking to Svend today about how many countries still need to hear the gospel. Duh about North Korea and Iran. Here, Obama is cutting our nuclear program by such a huge amount... 5,000 to 300 nuclear war heads! I told Svend, maybe that's the Lord's plan. Maybe Obama will help lower Iran and N. Korea's defenses to allow us to preach there. We never realize the Lord's plan until it's long past. We'll see. We're still trying to figure our the Lord's plan for us here in Chicago ;) Of course, We're still hopeful that Romney wins. He won't get another shot...and it'd be amazing to see a Mormon President... just as it was to see the first black president.
We are going to be "in the hole" at the end of this pay period. Only by about $8. So I guess...not bad... but not good either. Next pay period will be tighter since our rent payment is $100 more than this pay period. Guess my Halloween shopping wasn't super great...
My dad sent us some $$... that was nice of him. I got to buy myself some new shoes! WAHOOO!! Finally found some saturday night. So nice to have new shoes to wear around. Tabitha tried on some adult sparkly heels. She wanted them so badly. She said she would take back her new pink shoes (converse she got with her birthday money). I told her okay...but that we had to go home and get her pink shoes first...trying to get out of it. Yesterday morning, we were getting ready for church and she says "oh no! we forgot to buy my sparkly shoes!" Oh boy....
I'm speaking in church on Sunday. Either they didn't get enough of me 2 months ago or I'm getting another chance. haha. My topic is being a missionary now. Here we go.... A few things I've thought about are my first attempt at being a member missionary... I put a BOM under my best friend's pillow so she'd find it when I left. But then, she sat on it! I was so embarrassed and she said "you could have just given it to me." Oh... She took a few lessons and that was it...but she has been an advocate for members when non mormons talk bad about mormons...so good did come of it!
Another example will have to be in my own family, with my younger brother. Somehow I was blessed to be his example and mentor through his time away from the gospel. He hungered so badly for truth and I was blessed with words and scriptures and thoughts that helped... I'm grateful, so grateful he is where he is today. What a miracle the Lord worked in our family.
We've started fitting in here I guess. Lots of "hi" friends....none that want to hang out though. Oh well. No biggie I guess.
I've completed week 1 of p90X. Hopefully this time, I'll stick to it! Started week 2 today! It helps that I get up at 5am...I usually clean for about 15 minutes-so I can actually exercise! Then, I work out for the hour or whatever it is and then I clean up the downstairs and prepare for the kids to wake up. While I workout, I turn the volume off and turn on general Conference talks. What a difference it makes in my morning and day...and it's actually really good to work out to because I feel like i'm accomplishing something and I think about the topic rather than the pain :)
No comments:
Post a Comment